Sunday 6 November 2011

Mix-Tape Monday #1: A Song That Makes You Want To Get Up And Dance

The excellent Boo and Me has come up with a great idea of compiling a Mix-Tape Monday where other bloggers provide their favourite songs based either on a theme @BooAndMe_ has provided or just a song they bloody love.  I found out about this via the equally brilliant SAHDandproud - the dad blogger answer to Bill Hicks.  Loving music as much as I do I accepted the challenge straight away.  The first theme is 'A Song That Makes You Want To Get Up And Dance'. 

I am an Essex boy.  In the early 90s we used to go to an indie night at Hollywoods night club in Romford every Monday.  This is one of the songs I remember from that era that never failed to make me dance - and yes, we used to dance exactly like they do in the video!!  Even now it makes me want to get up and boogie.

Just one question though - what's with the ostriches?!!


To join in click on the meme on the right hand side of the blog.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous choice! Love The Prodigy but always found this track a bit difficult to dance to unless I was completely trollied!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brilliant choice! Dancing as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love The Prodigy. I have them on in the car and I blame them for my speeding fines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE THIS SONG! Great bloomin' choice! We all seem to be going for the same era's chooooooooons :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice, like melksham mum though I needed a few ciders to be brave enough to dance to this. Love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But I thought it was the law to be trollied by the time the Prodigy came on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I soo remember this from my dancing days too (which means I know how old you are) - but I am proud to admit that i NEVER danced like that, EVER *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Big fish, little fish, cardboard box!" Thanks for all your comments. Think we should get T-Mobile to play this really loudly at Liverpool Street station during rush hour just to see how everyone reacts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Especially for a Monday which can sometimes be lacking in motivation somewhat. "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor always gets me dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete